Sunday 7 August 2011

Cocoro 心 Soup Curry + Summer Bubbles

Occasion: To feed the hungry me
When: One lovely summer afternoon
Venue: Cocoro 心 Soup (URL: Click Here)
Add: Sapporo- Shi, Kita-ku Kita 15 Nishi 4


Summer love... I am currently having a love affair with the famous Hokkaido soup curry... For those that does not know what is 'Soup Curry'??!!! *horror* 
"How could you??!!" tsk tsk...

Soup curry is a bowl of yummilicious liquid curry that is filled with home grown Hokkaido fresh vegetables (sometimes complimented with meat and seafood) served with rice. Soup curry is also one of the specialties you can find in Sapporo. A definite must-try cuisine for everyone that visits here. Highly recommended by moi (:

Soup Curry: "How to"
  • First, choose your soup base (if options are offered)
  • Choose your mains (vegetables/ meat/ seafood/ others)
  • Choose your level of spiciness (may differs from level 0- 50)- pick level 3-5 to be safe.. if you pick any higher than that, you are at your own risk *disclaimer made*
  • Choose the size of your rice (small to normal portion usually are FOC, but if you are a big eater who wants 1/2kg of rice *go figure*, some establishments charge you for a minimal fee)
  • Choose your favorite topping to go with it (Optional)- popular toppings recommended: CHEESE, egg, mushroom, extra potatoes and vegetables
  • Lastly, place your order and wait for the yummy to be served (:


I've been hunting for good soup curry all around Sapporo for super yummilicious soup curry and to date.. not one has failed me just yet but encouraging my love affair with it even further.. hehehe

Anyway, I've chanced upon checking out Cocoro Soup Curry Cafe just this week after hearing some rave review on it from Facebook and online.. so i decided to drag my friend over there to try it out with me.. and besides.. it is just 3 blocks down my house.. how convenient (: 

the restaurant is very nice and cosy looking and equipped with air conditioning (crucial utility to have during the summer heat in Japan.. hehe)..

It is not difficult to find at all as it is located just a few meters off the corner of the main street.. anyway.. i forgot to take a picture of the shop front.. thousand apologies.. but i promise you that it is definitely easy to spot! (:

the extensive menu displaying their offer

My fren ordered seafood soup curry with egg, mushroom and
cheese topping as sides 

Surprisingly, the cheese topping here is a served separately from the soup curry. It consists of mixed cheese and it's to your own liking on the amount you want to put into your soup. As for my case, of course with no second thoughts.. i dumped my whole serving in.. hehehe.. now u know how i gained those stupid kilos from.... BAH!!

I have to admit.. i am liking it very much (:

this is what i ordered, chicken soup curry and cheese topping as side.. 
I always tend to order chicken soup curry if it is my first time to try out that restaurant.. i guess it is the best way to make comparison on the dish cos every soup curry restaurant will definitely serve chicken as main. But to be truthful, I always prefer my chicken soup curry from Picante instead cos they served DEEP FRIED CHICKEN!! Yay!! and it was done to perfection almost similar to the famous ayam goreng mamak and nasi bojari fried chicken at Madam Kwan's that i craved so much from home..  will blog more on that in my next post (; 


Obligatory picture with the food.. (: 

the restaurant cosy interior.. i especially love the open
kitchen concept.. check out the chef at the back on the left!
 I have this thing with open kitchen concept design cos i love the idea of able to see/ admire the chef diligently working to prepare your food with so much precision and passion.. well that's just me.. I'm totally fine dining at places where i can't see my chef cooks too.. hahaha.. #justsaying

Anyway, lunch at Cocoro was good and i enjoyed dining there very much. The price is pretty much reasonable and similar to other soup curry restaurants around the area. I think my bill came up to ¥960 (soup curry) + ¥100 (cheese). Fairly priced for a good lunch *burp* (:

****************************************** 

After lunch... i found my new summer toy to play with!! シャボン玉!!!!!My new toy!! I got excited with it that i bought myself enough to give away to the whole village kids.. but NO way I'm going to do that!! it's all mine and mine and MINE!! *selfish*

If you see a silly crazy girl walking around spreading her love with her bubbles.. yup.. that's moi alrite.. u are very much welcome to cross the street opposite in order to avoid the crazy me.. hahahahahah...

Getting excited playing with my bubbles (:

See that silly joy on my face!! Gosh!
i love being a kid again!!

Wheee... making bubbly love (:
With that, i end my sunny afternoon post of yummy soup curry and bubbles...... Simple things like these make me grow fonder of Sapporo more and more every single day.


"The world's a bubble, and the life of man less than a span." 
~Francis Bacon, Sr.~



2 comments:

ekoy said...

There's one branch in Osaka too that I've been dying to go to! I'll drag my friends along soon~ <3

PINKPheng said...

Cool!! let me know what you think then.. (: I've discovered another soup curry place that i super hearts so much.. will take you there when u come over for a visit k