Monday 12 September 2011

Brasserie Avion- You're a fine place to be...

Last week, San decided to catch Naruto the movie.. so we head over down to Ario Sapporo to catch the show. I am totally happy with the whole IMAX experience as I do believe their cinemas are way more comfortable than other cinemas. People who knows me would have been surprised that I was there to catch Naruto, an anime that I know nothing of (an obvious anime dummy.. DUH!).. BUT in my defense... I actually enjoyed the show. HAH!

IMAX in Ario Sapporo Shopping Mall
Note that I am the 'I'... LOL.. pun intended

Edited: OKAYYYyyyyyyyy...... for those that commented that they dun quite get the pun above... here's the explaination... *eyes rolling* ..
In the above pic, I was standing in front of the the letter 'I' in 'IMAX'... Soooooooooooooooo... I am now the letter 'I' in the sign... Hence, I am the 'I'.... Aiyorrrrr.... have to explain a pun already took the fun out of making it... am i really that lame ar? Okay!! Stop right there!! Dun answer that question.. TQVM

Evidence that I did indeed watched an anime
And yes... watching movies here can be quite an
expensive affair.. ):
Happy moi with my jumbo size caramel popcorn *yumms*
Movie goers of that nite (:
After the movie, San needed to get back to work so Lex and I hung out a little. I have to admit, I am not one that is able to go out and then head home straight after. I am always in need of a lil 'second round' after the first activity. I know. Sad but true. Sigh.. #firstworldpains

Lex was hungry so she insisted to take me to this place that I wanted to check out earlier but I gave up on that idea because we've walked past it couple of times and it is rarely open. She, however was lucky enough to patronize that place twice and raved to me how awesome it was. So FINE! This time, let moi just get there one more time, and  see if it is blardy still closes on me, THIS IS IT! 

So, as you can see, if I am going to write about this place, it is pretty obvious, I got lucky that day, and managed to try it, FINALLY! (:

Introducing you... Brasserie Avion

Occasion: One Last Attempt... 
When: sometime last week after 10pm
Venue: Brasserie Avion (for website URL please click HERE)
Address: Sapporo-shi, Kita- ku, Kita 13 Nishi 4


Its xmas-y themed signboard

It is located on the upper story of a building
obligatory front door pose



Glass menu board (:

This little garden shack greets you as you climbed up to the entrance

Super loving the dainty decos

Spices rack serve as great ornament




View of the dining hall from my angle

It is a small little establishment that serves dishes from Italy, Spain and France. I love how the place was gorgeously decorated. Reckon that the place can fit about 25 pax at most. I was a bit confused with the Italian flag flying outside with a French name adopted for the place earlier on but upon looking at the menu, I have to say, it is not confined to serving only Italian/ French cuisines. They serve more than these 2. LOL.

Wine bottles everywhere to add ambience to the place

Super hearts the gorgeous lamp chosen

One corner of the restaurant

Romantic dining for two

Main entrance

A classy wall deco

Bar area facing the floor

cat in a box
The Chef also was known to draw his favorite cat and duck characters all over the store. I think it is a rather personal and warm touch added to this place. 

Bar area with an opening to the kitchen

Small private room that probably fits a small party of 10 pax
Loving the selection of lightings
After the whole visual tour of the restaurant, let's get down to the food (:

Campari Orange for me that nite.. simply divine
¥600
 By far, the best Campari Orange tasted in Japan to date. Totally go for it. (: 

Course meal starter
Complimentary from the Chef (:

This starter course was the main reason I ordered a main that fateful night. It was already 10pm when we sat down and I am trying to control my food intake lately for health reasons. So, any meals after 7pm is a BIG no-no to me. Unfortunately or rather fortunately for this case, I was so impressed with the richly flavored appetizer, I decided to try a main from the extensive menu. No regrets there I shall say. *winks*

Some pate I ordered to share
¥700

Pate served was good but not great. Nothing to shout about but still good stuff anyway.

Lex's paella
¥1400
Lex sang high praises for this paella.. she liked the wet moisture of the rice. However, I would have preferred a slightly drier texture. Just a tad less moist, it would have been almost to my liking. 
Moi's salmon mushroom risotto (:
¥1450
 I, on the other side, very much in love with my risotto. It was very rich and flavorful. Not a big fan of fish really and this dish was cooked with salmon. So, please understand how much I am really liking it to say that. (: Anyway, Lex didn't appreciate the risotto as much as I did. FYI. 

Dry martini
¥650
Lex's martini as how a martini should be i guess... no further comment..

I am just going to jump straight to dessert just because.................. *drum rolls*.......................................
the Chef surprised us with it!!!! (: not one but all 3 superbly amazing, mouth watering, eye opening, palette refreshing, over the moon desserts!!

And the dessert was complimentary by the Chef once more. Talk about being spoilt to the max (: *grinning from ear to ear*

We must be doing something right that night, the Chef was amazingly sweet to us. 

3 kinds of dessert on the house (:
Superbly delish!!


From top right in clockwise: Sorbet, fresh-cut watermelon cake and whipped mousse

My favorite amongst the three, the freshly-cutted watermelon cake was my first choice. I like how simple this dessert was made and yet tasted so amazingly good. It comprised of watermelon placed in between soft chiffon cake with a spread of lightly fluffed creamy sweet cream on top and its side. The sorbet and the mousse was very good too as a matter of fact. 

Despite some many hits and a few misses on some of the food, I would still say that I especially enjoyed the whole dining experience. I will definitely come here again and suggest you to try this place out too. (:

With that, I'll end this post of mine and till next week (: Have a great week ahead. Cheers!

I drink to that (:

"Three things are needed for a good life, good friends, good food, and good song." 
~Jason Zebehazy~


3 comments:

Mirna said...

Hi! This sounds like a lot of fun! I really want to go to an IMAX cinema, but sadly we dont have one in punta cana... Good luck!

PINKPheng said...

Hi! Thanks for your comment. Wow.. Punta Cana.. i read amazing things about your place. Would love to visit there one day! And yes, you should try out the IMAX experience.. maybe they will open in Punta Cana soon? hehe.. Mean time, thank you for checking out my blog (:

alek_31 said...

Oh man I still remember that mousse...mouth watering...
Love the way you described the place. Makes me relive it all :)