Occasion: Post 'Culture Day' event
When: Tea time
Venue: Le Petit Boule Chocolatier
Address: Kita 1 Nishi 8
Just the other day right after attending 'Cultural Day', a bunch of us decided to do a pit stop at a cafe for a quick drink before we head back on our separate ways. It was by chance that when we were walking along the street when I spotted this gorgeous looking cafe right across the street. This led to a discovery of chocolate haven in Sapporo smacked right in the middle of town! Definitely making moi a very happy girl! (:
Le Petit Boule in French is translated as 'The Small Ball'. I guess that the name was derived from the chocolate truffle balls that the store is selling. Chocolates... yummmss.... lovely lovely chocolates.. anyway, thought I'll share what I found in the web about the chocolate goodness!! These babies are not just tasty on our palates but also bring many goodness to our diet. Here are some as below (taken off Women'sHealth):
- Eating chocolates lead to a healthier heart
- Promotes weight loss- Only applicable to dark chocolate cos dark chocolate lessens cravings for sweet, salty and fatty foods
- Happier kids!! Women who ate chocolate daily during their pregnancy reported that they were better able to handles stress than mothers who abstained!!
- Researchers in Italy proven that chocolates can even prevent diabetes
- Chocolates help reduce stress!! We all knew that since ages ago!! It's better to go on emotional eating on dark chocolates rather than a pint of ice cream when one break up. It is definitely a more healthier choice of indulgence.
- It also serves as sun protection. Apparently it only works for chocolates that contain high levels of flavanols. Non comprehendo? ask google お願いします
- It makes you smarter too!! Wow!! okay... *grabs chocolates now and stuff into mouth*
- Helps surpress cough. Works better than traditional medicine and definitely tastes even better!! yumms
- Diarrhea relief. End of story.
Anyway, enough of the trivia and here comes the photos:
|Us (minus Gie who was the photographer)|
|Grand settings of the shop|
|Arrays of yummilicious chocolates|
|what's in store for the customers|
|Small little sweet delights that both men and women would enjoy!|
|Heart melts <3 <3|
|Check out the huge easter egg at the back!|
|Le petit boule... oo la la.. (:|
|Super huge chocolate statue! too pretty to be eaten!|
|More choco sculpture!!|
|check out the exquisite details|
|More reasons to be here!! Cakes, cakes and more cakes!!|
|You're at the right place if you're a sweet- toothed kind of person|
|<3 <3 <3|
|Important chocolate connoisseurs in actions!|
|Compagnie Francaise des Chocolats et des thes|
Not sure what it means but something about chocolate and tea.
I didn't manage to take photo of everybody's cake since they were so pretty that some of us had gobbled it down before I can whip out my camera. LOL. Note: they served complimentary iced tea to each person who orders a dessert.
|My piece of strawberry, blueberry chocolate cake.|
Verdict: The cakes were very pretty and tasted not too bad. However, I've tasted better cakes so I deemed the cake on an average note. BUT the le petit boule turns out to be the reason why this shop is da bomb. (:
|The group while waiting for their yummies. Le petit boule has a|
small seating area that can fit at least 8-9 pax.
|Give me some chocolate love (:|
With that, here I end my usual entry with a quote.
"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
~Charles M. Schulz~