Friday 5 August 2011

Summer Fireworks- 花火 at Toyohira~~

Occasion: Fireworks Festival 花火大会
Date: 29th July 2011
Venue: Toyohira River

Summer in Sapporo came with a blast!! and a blast is what i meant when skies at night were filled up with fireworks!! (:

I can't help but feel awed about the whole firelights dancing in the night sky of Toyohira just last week... we stood overlooking the river of Toyohira and the view was just breathtakingly amazing... I try to make it a point to attend the firework festival in Toyohira every year and join the many locals in ushering new season of summer by donning my best look in my newly bought yukata (summer kimono)..

i shall say... i am mighty proud of myself for able to dress myself up without any professional assistance after learning how to wear the yukata last year.. (:

moi in my new yukata... sweet

ladies of the night dressing up to the nine (:
Obligatory back shot photo with the lovely fireworks as background

Check out my new 下駄 (geta)
The crowd of the night... it looked like the whole Sapporo city was here (:

Summer flowers of the night..

Just simply gorgeous (:

we also met a bunch of young girls dressed up in Jinbei rather than Yukata... but it just makes them look so cute!!

While walking back to Susukino.. my ride came to pick me up *cough cough*
A bunch of us thought of grabbing some food at Susukino but all the restaurants and bars were so packed with people from the fireworks festival that we ended up buying McDonald and of course... beer... hehehe and head down to picnic at Odori... that's what we call "moon-bathing" back home in Malaysia.. LOL..


still trying to look in our best sitting on the ground.. lol

Group picture.. 

Yay!! It was super fun (:

beautiful hanabi skyline..

This marks my second year going to the Toyohira river fireworks festival... i really had a great time and definitely looking forward to the one next year!! (:

"Sparkling glitter way up high, fireworks light up the sky"
 ~Unknown~ 




No comments: